Wednesday, September 09, 2015

What's In My Travel Make Up Bag?

The answer is.....probably way too much! Even though we try and prune our collection down to a reasonable size to travel with the truth is we always take too much and things come back unused. We always intend to do some beauty shopping when in Florida (watch this space for our holiday haul!) therefore we try to keep that in mind when eliminating products from our bulging make up bags!
 
Here are our 'must have' products that we simply cannot do without and that we took 4000 miles to Orlando with us.

Elle's Picks
 


The make up bag I took with me is the Sonia Kashuk Completely Organized Make Up Bag that I picked up in Target 2 years ago. I have 2 of these in different sizes and took the larger one with me. This is a nylon bag with so many pockets, zips and pouches you can probably put something in and never find it again! It is roomy and practical and in addition to the products I took in my carry on it fit everything alse I needed for my 3 week holiday:

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser: When I am in a hot country the last thing I want to be wearing is a heavy, full coverage foundation so I always reach for the old faithful Nars Tinted Moisturiser. It has a reasonable amount of coverage for a tinted moisturiser and evens out my skin tone nicely. It feels light on the skin and gives a natural and glowing finish which is perfect for a holiday look.

 
Nars Creamy Concealer: If I need any additional coverage I much prefer to use a concealer rather than a fuller coverage foundation. This concealer gives excellent coverage of blemishes and any spots that may decide to rear their ugly head!
 
Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Concealer: (light) This has been my go to under eye concealer for the past 2 years and I have yet to find something to compete. It has a light coverage and never settles in fine lines around the eyes which is perfect for older skin.
 
Naked Basics Pallet: I am wholly dependent on the Naked Basics pallet to create a natural eye make up look therefore it was a must have to take on this trip. On the plus side it is small and very portable so doesn't take up too much space.  
 
By Terry Ombre Blackstar: I packed two of these as I love them to sweep across the lid, quickly blend with a Sigma E25 and off you go! I am also a big fan of cream products in the summer and that includes a cream eye shadow. I took Misty Rock for a daytime look and Bronze Moon which is darker and gives a more intense evening look. 
 
Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow (Norman Parkinson Collection): This is a new product purchased especially for the summer and I LOVE it. It is simply gorgeous! I had my eye on this for around 3 months and was determined to get my hands on it for my holiday. It is the only bronzer and highlighter I took with me - all in one beautiful, handy compact.
 
Chanel Cream Blush: (Chamade) I love cream blush in the summer months and in addition to the remnants of my favourite discontinued YSL Crème Blush I packed my Chanel Cream Blush in Chamade. This is quite a bright pink and looks lovely with tanned skin.
 
Bourjois Colour Boost: (Proudly Naked) I am a huge fan of the Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayons and this beautiful natural pink-nude is my latest purchase in the line (I think I may have all of the other colours!) They are creamy and comfortable but long lasting. This one claims to last for 10 hours however as a constant lip product re-applier I have not put these claims to the test!
 
Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner: (East End Snob) I have literally been using this lip liner for years! It seems to be the current blogger fave (and apparently a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury lip pencil in Pillow Talk) but when this Rimmel pencil is so good I see no need to splurge on something 4 x more expensive.


Mimi's Picks
 

I used my Vera Bradley Hanging Organiser as my travel make up bag this summer. Although this isn't technically a makeup bag it has a lot of different wipe clean, clear compartments so it's really easy to see and find everything. I also like how I can hang this up in the hotel bathroom and everything is ready to use. I used my Mr Bunny travel make up brush set from Sigma to carry my many makeup brushes as there is a lot of room for extra brushes and I like to use it to stand my brushes on the counter top when applying my makeup. 
 
Revlon Eyelash Curlers - I have repurchased these for years! They are cheap, do the job well and I don't get upset if they get a little beaten up. However as we are both had LVL Lash treatment just before our holiday they were never used!
 
Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen -
This is other product I purchased on whim in Sephora and was not disappointed. It basically does what it says on the tin. It’s a lovely light weight skin evening base. I was running very low on this so I repurchased this trip!
 
Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - I love this for concealing and highlighting under my eyes it has a lightweight consistency and is very moisturising so it never looks cakey or heavy.  
Anastasia Brow Wiz - This is my ultimate holy grail product. Need I say more? Heat proof and long lasting!
 
Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof - I am so fussy with mascara but this one is unbelievable! It curls and holds my straight lashes like no other mascara.
 
Chanel Bronze Universal - I stole this from Elle and I am obsessed! This is a gorgeous creamy bronzer which is really easy to use. It is very subtle but also buildable.
 
No 7 Pop and Glow Cream Blusher - I have this in both Mango Sorbet and Rose and I love both. The formula of these products is so creamy, smooth and pigmented! I have a big issue with my makeup disappearing throughout the day but these little blush sticks these really hang around. I like them so much I am thinking of purchasing the highlight stick and the bronze stick as well.
 
Naked 3 - This pallet is my go-to for every eyeshadow look. I love the cool toned matte colours for everyday and the high sheen glitters for a fun night-time look. My favourites everyday look is Nooner through the crease, some mascara and I'm ready to face the world.
 
We would love to hear about your favourite holiday make up! Tell us about some of your favourites below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig