Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Must Have Autumn/Fall Lipsticks

Autumn Fall Lipstick
From the top: Nars Audacious, Kat Von D, Boujois Rouge Edition, NYX Soft Matte, Sephora Rouge Infusion
I must start by saying that I am obsessed with all things Autumn/Fall. Pumpkin spice, halloween, dressing in deep reds and black, wearing boots, wrapping up in comfy scarfs and of course the make up trend that always comes back around Berry Lips! I tend to have really dry sad chapped lips which does not work well with bold statement lip colours! However I think I have managed to find a few formulas and shades that work really well for me.
 
The first being Nars Audacious lipstick in Anna. I searched high and low for this shade after Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup posted about it on her blog but it was sold out everywhere. I did finally manage to get my hands on it and it did not disappoint! The lipstick formula is opaque and creamy but dry slightly matte and the shade is a gorgeous brown pink. It's the perfect Autumn nude lipstick.
 
The next came in a Sephora Loves sample box. Although I had heard a lot of hype around the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick before and especially about this shade Outlaw I had not tried any. It's an deep berry blue toned red which, once applied is not going anywhere! This formula is slightly drying on the lips but that can be excused as the staying power is so good.
 
Next up is the only traditional UK drug store option in the bunch, Boujois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick. This is almost a drugstore dupe for the Kat Von D lipsticks in formula apart from the fact that it is even better! The product goes on the lips like water and is very light weight. It dries almost instantly but doesn't dry out your lips! I love this orange red shade Hot Pepper however I have heard mixed reviews about some of the deeper shades in the range.
 
I love NYX products, they are hands down my favourite USA drug store brand and their lipstick selection does not disappoint. Everything I have tried from them I have loved especially the Soft Matte Lip Creams. This one in the shade Copenhagen is the perfect deep burgundy purple shade for this time of year! The next shade up, Transylvania looks amazing on my best friend who has black hair but unfortunately not so great on this blonde!
 
Lastly another liquid lipstick! (What can I say they are just so easy!!!) This is the Sephora Rogue Infusion liquid lipstick in the shade 10 Red Essence another hyped product but for a good reason. These lipsticks have a great long lasting formula and I love this red since its more brown toned than the others. Plus these smell amazing!!! 
 
What are your must have Autumn/Fall lipsticks? Let me know in the comments!
 
Mimi
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig