Thursday, July 21, 2016

Revlon Colorstay 2-in-1 Compact - Review

Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1

I have loved the original Revlon Colorstay Foundation since it was first released in the mid-90’s. I clearly remember the TV ads featuring Cindy Crawford demonstrating how the foundation didn’t transfer onto the white shirt of the very smart gentleman she was snuggling with! I was very excited earlier this year when it was released with a pump so imagine my delight when I discovered a brand new take on the Colorstay Foundation - the Colorstay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup and Concealer in my local Boots store! 

The inital drawback was that there were only 4 shades available in my Boots store and there were no testers on display. However, on the offical Revlon website they are advertising 12 shades, therefore the product does seems to be available in a much greater variety of shades than were stocked in the Boots I visited. As there were no testers I just had to take a bit of a guess at a match for my skin. I am the shade Sand Beige in the original Colorstay Foundation however this shade looked way too orange for me in the compact so I played it safe and went for Ivory.
 
Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1

The foundation and concealer are presented in a layered compact with a sponge in the bottom for application. I did not use the sponge to apply the product but stuck to my trusty dampened Beauty Blender instead. Both the foundation shade and the concealer was a pretty good match for my pale skin and it applied easily and blended seamlessly. The concealer is in a slightly lighter shade than the foundation making it great for the undereyes or to cover any blemishes or redness on the skin. I was a little concerned that as the product is a cream pressed into a compact that it would be a little too heavy or cakey for me but it sheered out nicely with the Beauty Blender leaving a medium coverage and natural skin-like finish.

For me the best thing about Colorstay makeup has always been its staying power and I was interested to see if the compact version lived up to its liquid predecessor. The answer is, yes! I am pleased to report that the wear time was every bit as good! I applied my makeup base at 7.30am and did not remove it until 8pm that evening and it was still going strong!(no touch ups required). Very impressive indeed!
 
Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1

Here are the claims from the Boots website and my take on them!

Expertly matched shades of foundation and concealer - the shade that I chose (Ivory) has a matching concealer that is slightly lighter than the foundation making it perfect for the undereye area.

Flawless, demi-matte finish - I have always been a fan of the finish of Colorstay makeup as it it not drying or too matte. It sits somewhere right in the middle. It definitely leaves your skin looking flawless with the right amount of coverage to hide any blemishes.

Sweat resistant formula lasts all day - My favourite thing about this foundation is the staying power! Its not called Colorstay for nothing!

Buildable to full coverage - I like a lighter coverage foundation and I liked that I was able to sheer the foundation out so that it was not too heavy for me. However, if you build the product on your skin you will definitely be able to achieve full coverage with the product.

Mirror and applicator included - Yes, the applicator and mirrror are there however I did not use them prefering my Beauty Blender instead.  



To summarise I was very impressed with the Revlon Colorstay Compact Makeup and Concealer. It is very comparable with the legendary liquid variety and if you are a fan of the original I would recommend that you pick up the compact form to try. It will be coming with me when I travel as a lightweight and unbreakable alternative to the glass bottled original!

Love Elle x

Have you tried the new Revlon Colorstay Compact Makeup and Concealer yet? What are your thoughts?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig