Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review & Swatches

Jeffree Star Beauty Bay

If you read last weeks Jeffree Star Cosmetics blog post all about the Beauty Killer Palette you will already know I placed a rather large Beauty Bay order so I could try out some of the brands most hyped products! Number one on my list was the Velour Liquid Lipsticks! As you know if you are a long time reader I LOVE liquid lipsticks, my favourites being the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, so I was very excited to try out another alternative! I ordered three different colours which are all slightly different finishes and from different collections.

Jeffree Star Cosmetics

The first liquid lipstick I ordered is Dream House a gorgeous metallic hot pink shade which is limited edition. This is an unusual shade and like nothing I already own so I had to have it after seeing it on Jeffree in some of his YouTube Videos! I will say straight away that this one isn't quite as opaque as some of the other shades however it does still do a great job. The finish is a stunning metallic matte shade that does not budge once it dries down. I am so happy with this purchase however I don't know how wearable it is on a daily basis!

Jeffree Star Velour Lipstick

The second shade is another limited edition colour from the Holiday Collection called Pumpkin Pie. Again, if you know me, you know I'm a sucker for anything with the word 'Pumpkin' so naturally I had to have this! This colour is unlike any other lipstick or liquid lipstick I have ever used. It's a orange based brown which dries matte however when you rub your lips together red micro glitter comes out! Like the metallic formula this doesn't feel gritty at all despite the glitter. This was so comfortable to wear, didn't crumble and layered really well after eating which was the only time it showed signs of wear.

Jeffree Star Velour Lipstick

The final shade I tried is one of the most popular from Jeffree Star Cosmetics, the shade Androgyny. This is my typical rosey brown matte shade and is very similar to Kat Von D 'Lolita' but with a little more pink. What else can I say about this shade that you haven't already heard? It's the perfect everyday brown nude colour to add to my collection!

Overall I am loving these new additions to my collection. They are so easy to wear since they are a very thin consistency and sit comfortably on the lips all day. They only really wear off if you eat or drink and even then they layer easily when you need to reapply.

If you are in two minds about picking up these Liquid Lipsticks I would say definitely take the plunge! I can not wait to add more to my collection and they have taken pride of place next to my beloved Kat Von D Everylasting Liquid Lipsticks!

Love Mimi xx

Have you tried any Jeffree Star Cosmetics products? Let me know what you thought!
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig