Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My 2017 Beauty Favourites


It's that time of year when I like to take stock and have a look back at some of my favourite beauty discoveries of the past year.  Although not all of these products are technically 'new' they are new to my collection and all of them became firm favourites in 2117.

Favourite for Brows

Hands down my favourite brow products this year came from the Eylure x Fleur de Force collaboration. The new brow products were released in the summer and my pick of the bunch is this powder brow compact in medium which includes two shades of brow powder and an under brow highlight shade.  I use this every day and then set it with the clear gel from the same line. The lighter shade in the duo is the perfect shade for me and the brow gel holds my brows in place all day without making them crispy! Fleur's products are available in Boots here and are currently buy one get one half price! 



Favourite Primer

I had heard a lot of great things about the Too Faced Hangover Primer but had never been tempted to pick it up until I was in Sephora last October and saw this travel size for around $15. It was the perfect opportunity to give it a try! I'm so glad I took the plunge as it's become my favourite daily primer. It's very hydrating and doesn't feel like silicone as some other primers do. I will certainly be investing in the full size when it's gone! Too Faced products are sold in Debenhams in the UK and the primer is currently £27 for 38g.


Favourite Foundation and Concealer

This category did not take too much thinking about! I absolutely fell in love with the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation and Concealer this year! In my opinion it is completely perfect for my dry skin. Both give medium coverage and leave my skin feeling healthy and glowing. I never feel the need for powder as the foundation sets to a beautiful flawless finish. I simply cannot be without it in my make up collection! Unfortunately L'Oreal have yet to launch the Pro Glow line in the UK but if you are heading to the USA any time soon, do your makeup bag a favour and pick these products up! Available at Ulta, Target, Walgreens and more! 



Favourite Bronzer

A brand new addition to my makeup bag in 2017 was the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. This was very much a 'YouTube made me buy it' purchase! I saw so many beauty gurus raving about this bronzer and of course,I bought into the hype! It has become my daily bronzer as the shade, (I have the lightest), is perfect for my somewhat pale skin tone and it does indeed apply like 'butter' and blend to perfection.  Again, this product is not currently available in the UK but can be purchased from all of your usual makeup suppliers in the USA for around $15. 



Favourite Highlighter

I discovered this little gem from Tarte, the Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow To Go, in the aisle of temptation at Sephora - and what a find it was! The little palette houses two highlighters and a bronzer and each of the products inside are amazing! My go to highlighter has to be the top shade in the palette, GLEAM, which is a pearly, shimmery highlight without being too OTT. Even better news, the palette is available in the UK from the Tarte website here for £23!


Favourite Eyeshadow Palette

The Too Faced Peaches and Cream collection was one of the most hyped launches of 2017 and being a big fan of the Sweet Peach Palette I had to get my hands on the new Just Peachy Mattes Palette when I was in the USA in October. I made an online order to be delivered to Mimi's house so it was there when I arrived. What can I say? I absolutely love this palette! Beautifully blendable with 12 matte shades of warm peaches, creams and browns it is perfection in a palette! Fingers crossed that this palette will be making its way across the Atlantic to the UK shores very soon! 


Favourite Foundation Discovery (new to me!)

In 2017 I finally caved and purchased the super popular L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I had avoided it for a long, long time and hadn't bought into the hype as I tend to favour a natural glowing foundation and thought it may be a bit too full coverage for me. I am not too proud to admit that I was wrong! It is a simply beautiful foundation that gives a very natural, medium coverage finish. I wear the shade 'Vanilla' and I reach for it regularly. I am currently rotating between this and my L'Oreal Pro Glow. I have concluded that L'Oreal have my current favourite foundation formulas!


Favourite Contour

Let's be completely honest here, I am no contouring expert and never will be! However, I discovered this magical (and super cheap) contour palette in May during a visit to the US. The Wet n Wild Megaglo Contouring Palette has been likened to the much more expensive Marc Jacobs Light Filtering palette which looks very similar. At a fraction of the price I opted to try out the Wet n Wild version instead and it is a fantastic palette that blends beautifully. 

So that's it! A full list of my favourite and most used makeup products of 2017. You will probably notice the omission of any lip products. That is simply because there have been none that really stood out to me this year. Ordinarily, I am a lip product junkie but in 2017 I seemed to stick to my tried and tested favourites and although I tried some new products and formulas nothing really blew me away.

What have been your favourite beauty products of 2017? Let me know in the comments below! 

Love Elle x   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig