Tuesday, January 02, 2018

My Fashion Highlights of 2017


2017 was the year I moved permanently to Florida and as such, my wardrobe had to change somewhat to accommodate the warmer climate! While I can't say that I miss the good old British winter I do miss wearing cosy jumpers just a little bit! I wanted to look back on some of my favourite outfits of 2017 and I hope that you enjoy taking a look back with me! 

Back in February I fell in love with this warm and cozy jumper dress from H&M in this unusual blue/gray shade. I loved styling it with my over the knee boots from Garage and my YSL Blogger Bag.

In May I wore this beautiful dress from New Look to Disney's Polynesian Resort and it was so perfect for the occasion. New Look always have some great fashion finds, in fact I have just made a big sale order to be delivered to Mam and Dads house in the UK for when I visit in a few weeks!

This lemon print dress was super popular on our Instagram page! Would you believe I picked it up from Ebay for a few pounds! It worked so well at Universal Studios for a vintage style shoot. The shoes were from Primark and again, only cost a few pounds! 

I picked up the 'Courtney Drive In Print' dress from Lindy Bop back in May and wore it to Mel's Drive In at Universal Studios. It perfectly fit the location and the dress was so beautiful to wear! Lindy Bop actually featured this picture on their Instagram page which I was delighted about! Lindy Bop are fantastic for vintage fashion and their sales are amazing! 

My mam saw this dress in the New Look end of summer sale and thought it fit my style perfectly! I love the muted colours and paired it with my new Chloe-esq bag from Ali Express and Target sandals. It matched perfectly!

One of my favourite Primark finds this year is this red floral dress with asymmetric hem. I have worn it so much since Mam brought it over in October. I paired it with these Primark pearl Doc Martin style boots and Ali Express bag. I love the look of a feminine dress with heavy boots! 

I was looking for a dress to wear for Epcot Food and Wine Festival and found this little beauty in our local Ross! It was super inexpensive and matched the Morocco wall to perfection! Its always worth having a rake about in stores like Ross and TJ/TK Maxx as you can often pick up little gems. 

This floral skirt in an autumnal print is part of a two piece set that I found in Forever 21 last year. I wore it with a basic black t-shirt and this pretty mustard coloured bag from Primark - another Elle find! 

Finally, I found this t-shirt in Zara at the start of the year and it really spoke to me. There is so much pressure in social media to have the "in" items and lead a perfect life! But of course there is no such thing as perfect! The Instagram life is not a real life and I felt that this slogan was saying so much in terms of being yourself and not being led by 'influencers' seemingly perfect aesthetic. 

I hope you have enjoyed my look through my 2017 favourites so as we say goodbye to the 2017 and hello to 2018 I hope you all have a great New Year and in 2018 'be yourself, be happy and follow your dreams'. 



Love Mimi x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig