Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Makeup Revolution Ultra Eye Contour Light and Shade - Kat Von D Dupe?

Makeup Revolution Ultra Eye Contour Light and Shade Review

The Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette is something I've been lusting after for quite some time! I love Kat Von D Beauty as a brand and everything I have tried from them has been great. However something inside of me just couldn't bring myself to spend £37 on an all matte neutral eyeshadow palette. I was so pleased to see Make Up Revolution bring out their own version named the Ultra Eye Contour Light and Shade Palette for only £8! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

The quality of the shadows is the usual Make Up Revolution formula; they apply very smoothly and the colours blend really well. Almost all of the shades in the palette are very similar to the Kat Von D palette with the exception of the centre colour which is more of a dark navy than a black. Overall I would say if you have been interested in the Kat Von D palette definitely pick this up and give it a try!
Makeup Revolution Ultra Eye Contour Light and Shade
I know there has been a lot of drama surrounding this palette over recent weeks with Kat Von D herself weighing in! She called Makeup Revolution out on Instagram for their 'copying' of her palette. This has sparked a few debates over what is a 'dupe' and what is a blatant 'copy' so here is my take on it!

I personally love the numerous brands owned by Tam Beauty for example Makeup Revolution and I Heart Makeup who have built their brand and reputation from "duping" high priced popular products. I see them as an accessible option for people who could never afford to spend almost £40 on an eyeshadow palette. I actually find myself using them for a trial run before deciding whether I want to splash out on the high end item! If I loved this palette and used it a lot I would then buy the original Kat Von D palette as it would be worth the high price tag. However although I did like this palette - it's fantastic quality and the colours are beautiful - I did recently declutter it on our YouTube Channel because I just never reached for it. Imagine if I had spent £40 on the Kat Von D Shade and Light palette and then never used it?

Unfortunately anything you put out there can be imitated in any form and I do understand that brands must be frustrated by this but brands chose a price point and unfortunately they will have to live with much cheaper brands copying them That is the nature of the consumer market that we live in today. You know what they say...'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'.

I will continue to buy make up from Sephora but I will also continue to buy products from Tam Beauty as well as UK and USA drugstores! There is room for everyone.

Have you tried any dupes from Make Up Revolution? What is your opinion on the dupe debate?
Love Mimi
xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig