Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette - Review

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Review

As a HUGE fan of the original Naked Basics Palette, of which I have hit pan in almost every colour, I was so excited to see pictures on Instagram last September of the new, double the size, Naked Ultimate Basics. I immediately put it on my wish list and looked forward to its release. I snapped it up in Sephora while in the USA last October and couldn't wait to crack it open and start using the beautiful, wearable shades.

I have now been using the palette for a few months and so feel ready to give you my thoughts. First of all the packaging is beautiful. An eye-catching square palette that sits nicely with the rest of the Urban Decay Naked family it features 12 (almost) all matte shadows. I say almost as one shade (Blow) is ever so slightly shimmery and makes a great inner corner or brow highlight.
 
Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Review

The top row houses the cooler shades including some purple/taupe hues (Instinct and Lethal) and the bottom row is warmer in tone and features one of my favourite shades, Extra Bitter, a beautiful warm burnt orange. There is also an unusual matte grey and a highly pigmented black that works great as an eyeliner. 

I really love this palette and even though I own a ton of great eyeshadow palettes it has become one of my most reached for on a day to day basis. I really feel that Urban Decay have some of the most beautiful eyeshadow palettes and definitely some of the best formulas I have tried. I am excited to see what they think of next in the Naked range!

The Naked Ultimate Basics Palette is available in the UK from Debenhams for £39.50 here

Do you own the Naked Ultimate Basics Palette? Do you love it as much as I do?

Love Elle x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig