Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Wedding Day Makeup

Wedding day make up bridal

One thing I was certain of as soon as we started to plan the wedding was that I did not want to pay someone to do my hair and make up for the big day. I realised quickly that I just wanted to look like me and the best way to achieve that was to be my own makeup artist. Although this is something I felt strongly about I was almost embarrassed when people asked "So who is doing your hair and make up?" (a commonly asked question of a bride to be) and I had to tell them I was doing my own! They all seemed shocked as if there is no way a bride can do her own make up?!?


Well let me tell you, you can! It's very easy and of course, it a whole lot cheaper!


I have detailed below all of the products I used on my wedding day. I'm sure you know how to apply all of them so I won't insult you with the details! This was a very Charlotte Tilbury look but I have totally fallen in love with her products and I love how long wearing they are so it seemed a natural choice. They are truly worth the money and I was so happy with them on the day.

Products I used!

Skincare

First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser
Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask
NYX HD Concealer (Under Eye)
Mac Sculpting Powder (Le Maleficent collection - sold out)
Urban Decay Deslick setting spray

Eyes

Meet Matte Nude Palette - Matt Lombardi (Transition colour)
Charlotte Tilbury Eye Liner in Audrey (Tight line and Lash line)
Charlotte Tilbury Gloss in High Society

I used Chanel Coco Rouge Shine Lipstick in Boy to top up throughout the day



For me the stand out items of the day were definitely the Charlotte Tilbury Face products! The combination of the Mask, Magic Cream, Wonder Glow and Magic Foundation really are magic!!! The skin care products prep your skin perfectly for the foundation which means it applies so naturally whilst still perfecting your skin.

I really enjoyed applying my make up on the day. I felt comfortable and was able to do it at my own pace. It is worth saying that between each product I waited a little while so it could really sink into my skin before I started applying something else on top of it! I was happy with how my make up wore throughout the day although to be honest it was the last thing on my mind, but it was great to not have to worry about my make up with everything else that was going on!

Would you do your own wedding make up or use a professional on your big day? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Love Mimi!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig