Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Yellow Trend - Spring 2017

Elle and Mimi blog

Yellow is a huge but somewhat unexpected trend this spring and a colour that can be notoriously difficult to wear. The good news is that there a lots of different shades of yellow out there so there should be a shade to suit everyone. Yellow is not a colour that I ordinarily gravitate towards being a blonde, so when I wanted to try the trend out for myself I was drawn to this lovely yellow and blue number from ASOS 

Elle and Mimi Blog
 
I was pleasantly surprised as I found that it did not wash me out as I had feared but paired with jeans and a blue bag I really liked how it looked. I am usually a dark colours kind of girl and live in black but I enjoyed stepping our of my comfort zone and trying this fun spring trend. I really like the detail of the frills on the sleeves and as the sleeves are long I wont get too cold in the British springtime!  

Elle and Mimi Blog
 
I you fear yellow as I did, there are some great pieces on the high street featuring this trend so you don't have to spend a fortune. ASOS and the high street have a huge variety of yellow tops and dresses in right now for you to choose from. Don't be afraid to experiment until you find a shade that suits you. I found that mixing yellow with a blue print made me feel a little less 'bright' and conspicuous.  
 
Top - ASOS
Jeans - New Look
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Fendi Peekaboo

Have you tried the yellow trend this spring?
 
Love Mimi x

SHOP OUR STYLE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig