Monday, March 07, 2016

Cutting Long Hair - Taking The Plunge!

After having pretty much waist length hair for a long, long time making the decision to have it cut did not come easily. As I bride I did not want to take the plunge and have a drastic change weeks prior to the big day as I had an image of having long wavy hair and a flower crown on my wedding day and my dress and accessories were built around that image. Therefore I booked an appointment for the Saturday after my wedding at my local Toni and Guy salon and started to pin some images of the style I was after.

Those of you with long hair may understand when I say that for the past few years I have been reluctant to let anyone near my hair! Don't get me wrong, I did visit the hairdresser a couple of times a year for a 'trim' but it sent me into a panic at the thought of someone with scissors coming near my hair. I am embarrassed to admit that I was probably the worlds worst client! Bearing this in mind the fact that I decided to have a haircut was a monumental one for me! I scoured Pinterest and the internet for inspiration and a couple of weeks before my appointment I started to narrow it down to my favourites. Here are some of the styles that inspired me:

L-R: Jennifer Lawrence, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale


I really liked the look of a shoulder length, wavy style but I was a little reluctant to make such a drastic change immediately! However, when you are paying a lot of money for a haircut you don't want to have to go back and have it cut again in a couple of weeks when you decide you want to go a bit shorter!

As I entered the salon I was confident that I had made the right decision and was excited to see how my new hair looked when it was completed! As well as a cut I had also booked to have some additional blonde ombre highlights added to my hair to brighten it up in readiness for the spring! 

The 'before' shot
The stylist asked about 4 times if I was sure before she chopped off a foot of hair prior to colouring. As soon as the hair fell to the ground I was certain that I was going to love it! I was in the salon for around 2 hours and when I left I was delighted with my new look. 

The 'after' shot!
It is now eight weeks since my cut and colour and I am so pleased that I made the change. When I look at my wedding photos I am really happy with how my hair looks as the image I had for my wedding day was long, wavy hair and a flower crown. However, I feel that my new style is so much more practical and modern for me now. 
I can't say that I will never let my hair grow long again because at some point in the future I am sure that I will! However I am really delighted with my cut and would recommend any of you super long haired girls out there who feel in a rut with their hair to take the plunge! The way I look at it, its only hair it will grow back....and you just might LOVE it! 

Love Mimi x 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig