Monday, March 21, 2016

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint Foundation - Review



As a huge fan of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser I was interested to try the brands new foundation product, the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint. I was delighted when, as part of my mothers day present this year, Mimi gifted me some Space NK goodies which included this foundation. I've been testing it out for a couple of weeks now so I feel that I have got a really good feel for the product and can give an accurate review.

I have the colour 01 Finland which is the same shade I wear in the Tinted Moisturiser and it's a good match for my paler complexion. The packaging is very similar, in a squeezy tube, and therefore excellent for travel. I was initially a little dubious to try it out as I have dry skin and for this reason I am always wary of matte foundations as many cling to dry patches. However, on application the foundation is not at all drying. I use a Beauty Blender to apply all of my foundations nowadays and this was no exception. The product blends in quickly and easily and gives a very natural finish. Although it is named 'matte' I did not find the finish overly matte or drying at all. I have read that the product is best applied with your fingertips as the warmth of your fingers allows for the most natural finish but I have yet to try out this tip.




It is important to me that my foundation lasts all day. I apply it early in the morning and I don't want to have to think about it again until I get home and wash it off around 12 hours later. I was pleased to find that it stays in place throughout my working day! It also has an SPF30 (as does the tinted moisturiser) so it will be great to use as the British weather gets finer!

The coverage is what I would class as medium and it does a good job of covering blemishes although for greater coverage I like to use it in conjunction with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.


To summarise I would definitely recommend this foundation. Even if you have mature or dry skin like myself don't be afraid of the 'matte' label as it really is not flat looking or drying on the skin. I have been a big fan of the Nars foundation products and this new release has not disappointed!

Love Elle x

Have you tried the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint? What are your thoughts?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig