Thursday, September 01, 2016

September Reading List


When I originally drafted this list of books it was going to be my summer reading list! Alas, here we are at the start of September and I have yet to pick up any of these books. Therefore I have set myself the goal of reading some (if not all) of these books by the end of September! If I fail I will also allow myself the first 2 weeks of October to finish them as I will be on holiday in Orlando with some extra time (and a couple of 9 hour plane journeys!) to get reading!

When selecting new books to read I always enjoy a leisurely wander around Waterstones to check our the new releases and to read the back cover blurb. Even though I read my books on a Kindle Paperwhite, I have to admit I am often sucked in by a pretty cover! So here are the books I selected as my September/October reads! If you have already read any of these books I'd love to hear what you thought! 

Jojo Moyes - After You
I absolutely LOVED Me Before You and cried like a baby at the ending. I am looking forward to reading this sequel to find out what happens to Louisa!

Lauren Graham - Someday, Someday, Maybe
I am a HUGE fan of Gilmore Girls and have loved Lauren Graham as an actress for many years but somehow have never gotten round to reading her debut novel. I downloaded this to my Kindle and am interested to see her writing style. Lauren is due to release a second book in November called Talking As Fast As I Can - From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and everything inbetween) which is a collection of autobiographical essays so I will definitely be picking that up on release!  

Nicola Yoon - Everything, Everything
I am intreagued by the premise of this story, a girl with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency who is unable to leave the house and effectively lives in a 'bubble. I've heard so many great reviews so I'm excited to start reading.

Paige Toon - The One We Fell In Love With
Paige Toon is always one of my favourite beach/airplane reads. Ever since I devoured her very first novel, Lucy in the Sky, I've loved her well written and fun to read books. I am confident that her new offering will be no exception!

Dorothy Koomson - When I Was Invisible
I love all of Dorothy Koomson's books! My absolute favourite was the amazing Goodnight, Beautiful, which was so moving and left me sobbing! I am looking forward to getting to know her new characters in this recently released book.

Andi Dorfman - It's Not Okay
Sometimes you just need a trashy, gossipy read that takes no effort and that is exactly what this book is! Both myself and Mimi are The Bachelor/Bachelorette addicts and can't wait to see what Andi (The Bachelorette season 10) has to say about Nick, Josh etc!  

So there it is! I could go on but I figure 6 is a nice round number to start with. Whatever you are reading this September, whether on a sunlounger in a hot climate or at home after a hard day at work, enjoy! Me?, I'm going to get started........ 

Love Elle x

Let me know if you have any reading recommendations as I am always open to new ideas and would love to hear from you!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig