Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Year of the Highlighter - 2016


Of all the make up products in your drawer what is the one you get most excited about? Some people love mascara, some foundation, for me it has to be highlighter. I am always swatching products and searching for the most creamy, pigmented but not too shimmery glow that I long for. 
From the top L-R Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit, Jaclyn Hill X Becca, Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow Norman Parkinson Creme, Nars Steven Klein, Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Blow, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish x 2, Becca Champagne Pop 
In the makeup world highlight is often pushed aside for it's cousin the contour which has taken the world by storm! (Thanks Kardashians!) But as a girl with a rather round face I have tried and tried and I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how many ashy grey powders I try, I am not going to grow cheek bones any time soon! So...in comes the highlight! For me nothing beats a highlighted face. There is something so youthful and effortless about simple make up with an intense highlight. Think the boho beach babe - just rolled out of bed look!

The end of 2015 was certainly a great time for highlighting products. With the sensational Jaclyn Hill X Becca Champagne Pop collaboration that took the beauty world by storm and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders which made it okay to set your make up with a highlighter, to name just a few! I have also been trying out the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight Golden Nude which is stunning. Not sure why is says Matte as it has a gorgeous shimmer to it and is a very similar to Pearl and Champagne Pop from Becca when mixed together.

For a liquid alternative I really like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors. I have mine in the shade Opal which I sometimes mix with my foundation or apply is as a highlight. I can't wait to pick up more shades!
Some of our favourite highlighters
If the last 2 years have been all about contour its got to be time for a change! I predict that 2016 will most definitely be the year of the highlight. 2016 saw the launch of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow palettes which I can not wait to get my hands on! (How are all her products so good?!) and now we are seeing more and more highlighters at the drug store!
Makeup Revolution offer a great alternative to the high end highlighters in their Radiance Palette. If you long for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette but your budget doesn't stretch that far this is a great dupe!  

Do you love highlighting products as much as I do? What are your favourites? 

Love Mimi x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lynn and Aimee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig